Number portability NP
The Number Portability (NP) module fully implements the ordering process as the APVTS consortium approved it. All the communication in between operators is automated. Among the main features of the module is:
- Easy use. The operator will use intuitive web interface. He or she does not have to know all the details of the ordering process, XML structure, or web services.
- Easy integration. All the operator's activity (*) can be automated and integrated into company's infrastructure. Once the system is integrated, it requires just routine technical support maintenance. The integration options are:
- Ordering: the NP module contains an internal interface, which allows accepting orders from your ordering system. The module can be extended by plug-in(s), which notifies ordering (or any other) system, when a state of an order has changed. Plug-in configuration does not require system restart and is available through administrator's web console.
- Wholesale: the NP module can offer an external API based on web services for your partners. They can use the same services as you without any additional effort.
- Routing: the NP module contains a local copy of ported numbers. The stored data can be used for configuration of voice routing
- Exceptions: documented exceptions combined with plug-ins allows easy integration with your fault management systems
- Reporting: the database contains all the information also for finished orders. The data can be used for any statistics, trends or raw information.
- Easy order administration. The orders are divided into tasks, and each task has a deadline. An operator can easily find out, which order expire soon.
- Stores history. Every request, order, message and batch are saved. Any of their information is available through a SQL query.
- Easy user administration. Every command through the web console is preserved with information what, when and who has entered it. The module contains four user roles, which allows user access to relevant data only.
The Number portability model has been seamlessly implemented into several Telco operators infrastructure as shown in a case study.
Remark (*): Currently RNPDB does not offer automated API. Therefore integration of NP module with RNPDB is not currently fully automatic.